Jungle Mistakes to correct (Iron to Plat)

Hey guys, I've been maining Jungle since about season 2, reached Diamond 1 in season 4. This season I hit plat 1 hardstuck (safe to say the level of play in NA servers has increased from season 4.) These are my observations below that i took from other sources and improved on it with my own personal info.

THE JUNGLE TIPS: #1: Do NOT attempt to gank lost* lanes. Snowball winning lanes instead. Why? As a jungler you want to maximize your chances of a successful gank and minimize your risk. Risk is very high when you're ganking a losing lane. Not only can the laner possibly 1v2 you, if the enemy jungler is there too (which he will, if it's high elo), you're fucked. Also the chances of a successful gank are much higher on a lane that is already winning. There are of course RARE exceptions to the rule, where it's a bit safer to gank a losing lane and worth it if it keeps the lane from getting destroyed for the entirety of the game, if for example you've seen enemy jungler on the other side of the map and that lane is overextended. You will have to judge whether the difference is high enough to 1v2 you or not. *Clarification on this point because some comments asked: A 0/1/0 lane isn't a doomed lost lane. A lane where the enemy is 0.5 levels ahead is also not a doomed lane. A doomed lane is a lane where the enemy laner is 2 levels higher than your laner or has a huge item advantage. You shouldn't actively avoid ganking lanes that are only slightly losing, as the matchup is still somewhat equal and nothing is lost. BUT, do not gank them simply because they're losing a little bit and you "need to equalize it or else they might feed". Follow the rest of the rules instead to see what's best to gank

(EFFICIENCY) #2 -Do NOT deviate from your planned path just because the lane on the opposite side of the map started spamming assistance pings. This is also linked to the above tip. The lanes spamming chat and pings for help are usually the lanes that are long lost. For example, you recalled and decided your next gank is bot. You also have some wolves/gromp you can take if enemy positioning isn't exactly right yet. So you start walking bot. Then BOOM your top starts spamming pings and flaming and asking for ganks "TOP NO SUMS PERMAPUSHING OMG". For the love of god don't spend 30 seconds walking to top just cause your lane asked. It's super inefficient, and it's also distracting you from your game plan. Also don't try to explain to him why it's a bad idea to gank losing lanes. Play more chat less. Mute and stick to the plan. If you become the type of jungler that always tries to please his team by just going to whichever lane asks for help, you will never play consistently well. Your team is making your decisions for you, and your team is only looking at their lane. They are not looking at the overall outcome of the game. That's your responsibility. Your job isn't to save doomed lanes. Your job is to help your team win the game, even if it means letting your top lane ragequit after he goes 0/9/0 cause he just won't stop trying to duel rene that's 2 levels and 1 item higher than him. You help your team win the game by creating a larger gold advantage for your team. You do that by snowballing the already winning lanes.

#3 -Do NOT walk into a lane to gank it without pinging at least 2 times, 1 time on my way ping 5-10 seconds before you arrive in ganking position, 1 time ping on enemy once you start walking in for the gank. In high elo your laners usually (not always) react even if you don't ping. In low elo, you will be ganking alone with 0 help and wasting your time. Pinging helps your laner be prepared anyway, even in high elo. Just do it (but don't be obnoxious about it). You will see I usually ping 4-5 times total each time I gank. Not spam pinging, informative pinging to prepare my lane. Also make sure your pings are somewhere where the laner can see it. They hear 3000 pings each game from all lanes. They need the visual cue too. Don't ping "on my way" behind enemy laner when your laner is sitting under tower. He might never see it. Ping right on top of your teamate's champion.

#4 -Do NOT try to force a gank just because. You really wanna gank mid Viktor cause he has no flash and no ghost. So you walk to mid and sit in brush and wait for him to get in a vulnerable position. 3 seconds pass. 5 seconds pass. 10 seconds pass. 20 seconds pass. Not only did you not realize it was warded the entire team, you flash stun him or whatever only to realize that there's 30 minion waves on your mid laner, he's already 50% hp from the viktor poke, and as soon as he joins to help with the gank, he is instantly deleted and misses 30 waves of gold and exp. If you can't decide whether something is warded just by watching enemy movements, a good rule to follow is don't stay in the same brush for more than 10 seconds MAX. I never stay for longer than 5 seconds unless I'm 100% sure it's not warded. If it's not low elo, the enemy will react with movement as soon as you walk over the ward, so you won't waste anymore time there. If it's low elo and you wanna gank through wards and exploit their slower map reaction time, just ping on my way before you arrive to lane and hope your laner is prepared. Do not sit around in the bush waiting for the perfect position. They will look at the map to know how far you are so they will know from which direction you will gank anyway.

#5 -DO plan your path every time you return to base. Your path isn't planned only for your first clear. You must have a plan every time. Example, you've returned to base after taking your gromp and wolves. I 100% know my next gank will be top or mid. Why? Let's say by the time I walk to river from base, between top and mid, both lanes are pushed by my team and un-gankable. At least now I still have the option to just farm raptors or golems for a few seconds until the wave resets. Then I can get back in position to gank, without having lost any time or exp. If you went bot side, and both mid and bot were ungankable, you have nothing to do. Chances are you will end up making mistake #4 by trying to force a gank, or you will spend 15 seconds doing nothing as you walk back to the other side of your jungle. The only chance I would go bot side with 0 camps in my jungle is if there was a crab spawning. In higher elo junglers can typically tell where the wave will be by the time they arrive to a lane. If you can't, it's a good rule of thumb to use the reasoning I described above and just plan your path based on what parts of your jungle are already cleared. #6 -This is the most general tip, but also the most important one, and the area where lower elo junglers have the most trouble with. You hear it all the time. BE EFFICIENT. This is why tip #5 is very important. You want to always be farming something. Either camps, or champs. You don't wanna spend long amounts of time travelling through the map doing nothing. There are no simple and specific rules to explain how to be efficient with your pathing. The best way to learn is to watch. As mentioned above feel free to stop by my stream if you're interested in learning more. Not going to post it here since I'm not sure if it's allowed, but you can find a link in my submission history from /r/EliseMains. I stream every day. #7 If you're doing your best to follow every other above mentioned tip, you are 100% stronger than the enemy jungler no matter what champ you're playing. USE THIS ADVANTAGE. His jungle is now also your jungle. Invade ALL the fucking time (but be aware of the map and your surroundings. If enemy lanes are super pushed and you invade, 3 people could collapse on you and block all exits. When enemies are pushing lanes invade only if you have a 100% guaranteed escape path not counting your flash, and if you are confident you can 1v2. Do NOT rely on your team helping you.). Invading does 3 things at once. 1. You get more farm. 2. You deny enemy jungler farm. 3. You track down enemy jungler which gives super important information to your lanes. I cannot stress enough how powerful invading is, even if you get 0 camps cause it's already cleared, even if you don't find your enemy jungler, you can get a deep ward, you know the jungler is on the other side of the map, and you are also in position to gank a lane from a very deadly position: From behind ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I reached Diamond 1 with the help of BoL 😛 😄