2.0 announcement

I was really excited to read the 2.0 announcement, but the fact that there will be no official champion scripts took most of the excitement away. Champion scripts are the main reason I like to use cheats in league. Evade and Awareness might help you climb, but I’m mostly interested in having fun during the 1-2 hours a day I’m actually able to play.

I will probably not subscribe until there is at least a couple of good scripts developed by third parties.

Will be interesting to see how it all turns out though.

I totally understand. You have to make the core stable first of all.

But the post did say you are dropping support for in-house developed champion scripts. Or did I understand it wrong? If a script is not working, there will be no efforts in fixing it, is that correct? If the existing scripts are working as they should, which I doubt they will after all this time, I might subscribe, but I’ll wait and see.

Edited by Pixi
2 minutes ago, Ardartrin said:

i think everything comes with time. Build the base structure of your house first, add furniture after :)

exactly, we are trying to rebuild everything and get everything back in working order as quickly as possible, just recently we got the core back to a working state that was good enough to be releaseable.

Just now, Pixi said:

But the post did say you are dropping support for in-house developed champion scripts. Or did I understand it wrong? If a script is not working, there will be no efforts in fixing it, is that correct? If the existing scripts are working as they should, which I doubt the will after all this time, I might subscribe, but I’ll wait and see.

no, i'm sorry for the confusion here (and i'm not 100% sure @Zlitzment what he said exactly) the testers and i have been testing out the built in champion scripts, what i assume zlitz was trying to say was there was going to be no external scripting availability till later (a sdk for c++ or lua) but it was on the slate to happen.

i know personally speaking i've been working on evade, previous attempts have fallen short and never made it to production but this is quite a heavy task so it might not be absolutely perfect on release.

as for champion scripts, i just confirmed with zlitz and he did confirm that we are 100% going to include a list of champions that will have scripts. i'll let him announce what champions are supported.

5 minutes ago, Dencellle said:

exactly, we are trying to rebuild everything and get everything back in working order as quickly as possible, just recently we got the core back to a working state that was good enough to be releaseable.

no, i'm sorry for the confusion here (and i'm not 100% sure @Zlitzment what he said exactly) the testers and i have been testing out the built in champion scripts, what i assume zlitz was trying to say was there was going to be no external scripting availability till later (a sdk for c++ or lua) but it was on the slate to happen.

i know personally speaking i've been working on evade, previous attempts have fallen short and never made it to production but this is quite a heavy task so it might not be absolutely perfect on release.

as for champion scripts, i just confirmed with zlitz and he did confirm that we are 100% going to include a list of champions that will have scripts. i'll let him announce what champions are supported.

Thanks for the clarification!

29 minutes ago, Pixi said:

But the post did say you are dropping support for in-house developed champion scripts. Or did I understand it wrong? If a script is not working, there will be no efforts in fixing it, is that correct? If the existing scripts are working as they should, which I doubt they will after all this time, I might subscribe, but I’ll wait and see.

14 minutes ago, Dencellle said:

Based on how @Zlitz wrote it there is a bit of confusion to be had, but basically there ARE champion scripts that are built in, but they will not be worked on with priority. If there was some sort of crash then that would probably merit looking into, but otherwise they won't be tampered with. I'm sure the built in champion scripts will work just as fine as they did before shut down so there's no need to worry. Furthermore, the future will hold a public API where developers will be able to provide champion scripts that aren't currently built in. Rest Assured! You'll have a pretty good initial experience with EC 2.0 and it'll only get better!

4 minutes ago, XavierFaux said:

Based on how @Zlitz wrote it there is a bit of confusion to be had, but basically there ARE champion scripts that are built in, but they will not be worked on with priority. If there was some sort of crash then that would probably merit looking into, but otherwise they won't be tampered with. I'm sure the built in champion scripts will work just as fine as they did before shut down so there's no need to worry. Furthermore, the future will hold a public API where developers will be able to provide champion scripts that aren't currently built in. Rest Assured! You'll have a pretty good initial experience with EC 2.0 and it'll only get better!

Exactly how I was trying to explain it, sorry for the confusion! 

Lets assume there is an Ezrael option built in, if that champ starts randomly E'ing when walking to lane (stacking tear with E for example ;-) or Q's towards dragon whenever its off cd then that sort of obviously broken shit will likely be fixed. 

But if you want a Auto Ult cc'd enemy and its not built in or you want BaseUlt added then tough they have higher priority things for the dev cycles to focus on, like staying ahead in the detection race. Etc.

TLDR: Champs are NOT the priority right now, sorry.  We love champ scripts and some champs will be supported in the CORE but we don't have the capacity to keep so many plates spinning.
We are hoping the community can self support via our API to enable champs that are not in CORE.