Guide to cheap steam games

Revel

Just a quick guide to help people get some discounted games easily. Technically violates steams ToS so use at your own risk. This can only be done with a Credit Card.

Step One - Get a good VPN, i personally use ExpressVPN but you are going to want a VPN with the following countries, Russia, Turkey and Argentina. They tend to be the cheapest countries. I have been using Turkey the past 6 months and its been the cheapest on basically all games, usually theres only a maximum of a $1 difference between all 3 countries so its not a big deal.

Step Two - Check https://steamdb.info for the game you are interested in, for example, rust. Click or search for it, go to the prices tab and see which country the game is cheapest in, right now it is Argentina but each game is different. 

Step Three - Connect to the country of your choosing with the VPN.

Step Four - Sign in to your existing account or make a new account, but be careful when making a new account sometimes steam will lock the purchase and refund it until you make a ticket explaining it is your account and you have the proof of the card being yours (they dont actually ask for proof but if you say you have it thats enough). To use this on your main account you have to have not made a purchase in the past 21 days.

Step Five - Go to account details in steam, then click on update store country, you should now see the country the VPN is set to appear in the possible countries selection, select the country, in this example Turkey, fill out just a keyboard spam address and it should be fine, you should be all set and should notice in the store you are now set to that countries currency. 

Step Six - Go buy whatever game it is you wanted to get. You do not need to keep the VPN enabled to purchase game or whenever you use that account or to install the games, from here on you can disable the VPN you will only need it again to change the store location again.

Edited by Revel
Guest Globii
16 minutes ago, zYamamoto said:

îf you have steam credit it doesnt work right?

Last time I actually tried doing this Method it did not work with Steam Money. But thats kind of a long time ago, might aswell want to give it a try.

Guest Azoth

Nice guide, so once you set your store location and turn off the VPN, they don't bother cross checking it when you make purchases or play the games?

15 hours ago, Globii said:

Last time I actually tried doing this Method it did not work with Steam Money. But thats kind of a long time ago, might aswell want to give it a try.

Yeah don't think work with Steam money tbh

• 1 month later...