VR Games

Guest NotAlbi

If you're getting one, Beat Saber is almost always a must since it's one of the best.

You can try out Skyrim VR, but if you've played Skyrim over and over then the novelty fades.

VRChat is pretty decent, but it's all social stuff with maybe a few novelty VR Games like a sort of Tron type game or otherwise.

SuperHot VR is actually quite fun to play and tests your decision making. Speedruns of the game are actually quite fun to watch.

Zelda BotW VR on CEMU Emulator actually is a pretty nice play from what I've seen. Having VR for a Wii U emulator just makes it somewhat worth a try especially with a game like BotW.

Minecraft VR... I'm actually serious this is a thing and people like it I guess... I personally just play normally, but VR seems novel enough.

The rest of the games are more for the novelty of it. It honestly depends on whether you enjoy the gimmick or not.

I honestly want more support for VR games and more interesting games to play. Beat Saber is the closest to being one of those games and is probably the best on everyone's list. VR is a novel concept and has some fun stuff here and there, but most of its implementation is too gimmicky or could easily immerse you without the need of a headset and wavy arms with your hand controllers. Some may argue it's simply the next progression and I truly want it to be, but it's just not there yet. Like I kinda want a Sword Art Online type of deal where we're fully immersed into the world and walking around would feel liberating and free. But that's just me looking into a future I'm hoping for. 

For those who are on the fence about purchasing a VR Headset, just wait on it. There aren't many games that are worth your while unless you're seriously gonna get your money's worth with Beat Saber every day (which WOULD be a good investment if you're seriously not into the whole "going outside and exercising" thing). 

Guest Azoth
11 minutes ago, XavierFaux said:

I honestly want more support for VR games and more interesting games to play. Beat Saber is the closest to being one of those games and is probably the best on everyone's list. VR is a novel concept and has some fun stuff here and there, but most of its implementation is too gimmicky or could easily immerse you without the need of a headset and wavy arms with your hand controllers. Some may argue it's simply the next progression and I truly want it to be, but it's just not there yet. Like I kinda want a Sword Art Online type of deal where we're fully immersed into the world and walking around would feel liberating and free. But that's just me looking into a future I'm hoping for. 

The technology just isn't there yet and barrier to entry for developing VR games is really high right now. However when you look at how far we've come gaming-wise in the past 40 years, it does seem inevitable that the genre will take off eventually. Though true Full Dive tech is so far off it's not worth considering.

Currently we're in a chicken/egg situation where players don't buy VR gear because there's no good games, and companies don't develop VR games because there's not enough players with the gear. A VRMMO seems like the kind of game that would truly take that market by storm, in the same way that WoW did back in the day, once VR gear has achieved a critical mass of market penetration.