Ex Pro Battle Royale Player AMA.

benbernanke

Idk I have been lurking here for a while, but honestly I made a post a while ago talking about how not to get caught if you go "pro". but lets do an AMA and see what yall come up with.

I was a Pro Battle Royale Player wont say which game, and I was signed to a top tier organization (also wont say).

Went to tournaments in Seattle, Hong Kong, and Berlin.

AMA boys.

2 minutes ago, Zlitz said:

What was the worst thing about it all?

Oof. I mean it was a really cool experience, and I started in the collegiate level and was signed after. And the building up part was great. But honestly I think the worst part and I know every pro says it, was just many things. 1) the atmosphere with other pros 2) the amount of ego 3) the level of pressure and how quickly you could be replaced 4) the mental and physical health tolls from constant practice.

It became a job rather than something I enjoyed. It made me hate everything about the game and since I have never played it or watched it ever again.

Kinda why I came to league but I am terrible at league and tried to look for systems like L# to become better I guess.

I dont regret it, but I never want to play pro again. I see why shroud left. and without saying too much Shroud and DrDisrespect were actually people I played with and were I guess "friends".

Fun all around but I guess it was time to bring it to an end.

5 minutes ago, cam said:

how much did u earn

So the way the contract was written we were paid a salary monthly and then we got small amount of tournament winnings as a bonus. I would say in the year I did it I got.. about. 60k? USD.

I did stream and stuff but also the org took money from our donations and what not.

Edited by benbernanke
2 minutes ago, benbernanke said:

So the way the contract was written we were paid a salary monthly and then we got small amount of tournament winnings as a bonus. I would say in the year I did it I got.. about. 60k? USD.

I did stream and stuff but also the org took money from our donations and what not.

baller

1 hour ago, gifhunter said:

what kind of cheats did you use? assuming you used cheats lmao

And if you did, how did you hide them at Tournaments that you travelled to? Cant imagine you would take your own computer all over the world and I would have thought that the people at the tourneys would be quite strict as to what can or cant be installed on their machines.

4 hours ago, gifhunter said:

what kind of cheats did you use? assuming you used cheats lmao

2 hours ago, MrCamper said:

And if you did, how did you hide them at Tournaments that you travelled to? Cant imagine you would take your own computer all over the world and I would have thought that the people at the tourneys would be quite strict as to what can or cant be installed on their machines.

1- So yea I did and I wont give away the developer but many "pros" had gone to him and many still exist in many games with him.

2-I did not take my computer but he did make a driver software for our mice that made it work. Its better than that guy that literally downloaded word.exe on OPTIC india team lol. But yea you would think that tourny organizers are strict, honestly they are super unorganized and really relaxed on policies that should matter to integrity of E-Sports.